On 2019-04-23 17:26, Sean Christopherson wrote: > On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 11:29:24PM +0000, Jethro Beekman wrote: >> On 2019-04-22 14:58, Sean Christopherson wrote: >>> Now that the core SGX code is approaching stability, I'd like to start >>> sending RFCs for the EPC virtualization and KVM bits to hash out that side >>> of things. The ACPI crud is the last chunk of code that would require >>> non-trivial changes to the core SGX code for the proposed virtualization >>> implementation. I'd strongly prefer to get it out of the way before >>> sending the KVM RFCs. >> >> What kind of changes? Wouldn't KVM just be another consumer of the same API >> used by the driver? > > Nope, userspace "only" needs to be able to mmap() arbitrary chunks of EPC. I don't think this is sufficient. Don't you need enclave tracking in order to support paging? -- Jethro Beekman | Fortanix