On 2018-12-07 22:01, Dr. Greg wrote: > Baidu and Fortanix are working on Trusted RunTime Systems (TRTS) based > on RUST, I believe, so this will affect them to the extent that they > are implementing their own low level enclave runtime support or they > may be simply building on top of the low level Intel TRTS. Perhaps > Jethro would comment on these issues if he could. As far as I know, Baidu merely provides Rust bindings to the Intel SDK. As far as our requirements, I've sent those in my previous email. > I'm assuming that in the proposed model the URTS would interrogate the > VDSO to determine the availability of entry and exception handling > support and then setup the appropriate infrastructure and exit > handler? VDSO's are typically the domain of the system library. > Given the nature of SGX I couldn't even conceive of Glibc offering > support and, if it was acceptable to provide support, the potential > timeframe that would be involved in seeing deployment in the field. > > As a result, do you anticipate the need for a 'flag day' with respect > to URTS/PSW/SDK support for all of this? It is my understanding that the use of the vDSO enclave entry will be optional. i.e., if your application/library/enclave combination installs a signal handler and calls ENCLU directly, that would still work. Of course, using the vDSO will be very strongly recommended. -- Jethro Beekman | Fortanix