On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 11:11:45PM +0000, Andre Przywara wrote: > Even though the SPI controller in the Allwinner H6 SoC is more advanced > than in the previous generations (it supports 3-wire and 4-wire mode), > the register set stays backwards-compatible. So we can use the existing > driver to use the "normal" SPI mode, for instance to access the SPI > flash soldered on the Pine H64 board. > > These two patches allow this by adding the SPI controller nodes to the > DT. The compatible strings include an H6 specific name, so that any > future 4-wire enhancements for instance would be automatically usable > once the driver learns this new trick. For now we use the H3 fallback > name to bind the current driver. > > This time I tested this actual branch (on top of sunxi/dt-for-5.6), > on a Pine H64, both the internal SPI flash as well with SPI flash > connected to the other SPI controller available on the GPIO headers. > > As the SPI0-CS0 pin clashes with the eMMC CMD pin, we keep this > node disabled by default, to avoid losing the eMMC if it probes last. > People (or U-Boot) can enable it if needed. Queued all three for 5.7, thanks! Maxime