linux-unionfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Ritesh Harjani <riteshh@linux.ibm.com>
To: Amir Goldstein <amir73il@gmail.com>
Cc: Chengguang Xu <cgxu519@mykernel.net>,
	Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu>,
	"Aneesh Kumar K.V" <aneesh.kumar@linux.ibm.com>,
	overlayfs <linux-unionfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Getting WIP aops branch(ovl-aops-wip) in shape for merging.
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 19:57:12 +0530	[thread overview]

Hello Amir,

On 8/12/20 10:44 PM, Amir Goldstein wrote:
>> Sure. So here is what I was planning.
>> I am about to start going over patches mentioned in Amir's ovl-aops-wip
>> branch. My first preference would be to port it to latest upstream and
>> start cleaning it up.
>> I will update the branch details once those patches are ported to
>> latest upstream. Let me know if we should do this in any different way.
>>

> Sounds like a plan.
>
>> I will also be joining this year's plumber, in case if we want
>> to discuss anything on this. Although I am not sure if by then, I would
>> be able to get any substantial work done to discuss with a wider
>> audience. But nevertheless, we can always have a call/email exchanges
>> for this, both before and after the conference :)
>>

> Nice. I will be giving a talk on new overlayfs features on the containers track.
> I guess there won't be much in the hallway tracks this year...

I went over almost all patches which you have in ovl-aops-wip branch.
For now I have only ported some of the straight forward patches,
since I had few queries on those other patches and one was mainly
w.r.t. metadata only feature functionality.

Do you have sometime today to discuss about it in any of the LPC hacker
room? I was thinking maybe discussing this in person will help a lot.

Any preferred slot? I could not find you online on LPC chat area,
we can as well discuss the slot there. But I am fine with any of the LPC
timings.

-ritesh