Hi Amir, See below. > Maybe. > Failure of overlay/075 on master is known. > Failure of overlay/065 on master was fixed by xfstests commit > * 6159ae7f - overlay/065: Adapt test to relaxed rules > so you may want to update your xfstests copy. Using the latest master now, 065 is still failing for me. > Failure of overlay/005 is not familiar to me and the > attached log is missing all the output of the test - > it just has the summary. The reason was simple, it required xfs as underlying file system (and support in the kernel), but I had only ext4. > Worst yet, according to summary, all those test do not run in your setup: > Not run: overlay/001 overlay/004 overlay/008 overlay/015 overlay/020 > overlay/021 overlay/025 overlay/032 overlay/045 overlay/046 > overlay/056 overlay/064 overlay/100 overlay/101 overlay/102 > overlay/103 overlay/104 overlay/105 overlay/106 overlay/107 > overlay/108 overlay/109 overlay/110 overlay/111 overlay/112 > overlay/113 overlay/114 overlay/115 overlay/116 overlay/117 > > Can you provide the full log to understand the reason or figure it out yourself > and fix this. > If you are running a special setup that is fine, it doesn't have to > run all the test > (as long as you know why), but in order to verify that your patches did not > break other setups, you need to test with a common setup where all the > above tests run and pass, short of overlay/075 which is a known upstream > issue. It seems most of them require unionmount testsuite, which is not a part of xfstests package, and I missed your hint that I should check README.overlay ☹. Some of the other not-running tests needed more spaces (> 1GB), which I don't have on my device. And a few more required a dedicated user/group on the system. I added unionmount testsuite and sending my two test results. > > v2 indeed caused a few more failures on top of that: > > Failures: overlay/005 overlay/065 overlay/070 overlay/071 overlay/075 > > Failed 5 of 93 tests > > > > I'm a bit surprised that tests overlay/068 overlay/069 did not fail with v2 > Maybe they did not run and you did not notice that in the report? It did not indeed. Anyways, v3 results look pretty good now, I think. Regards, Vyacheslav - confidential -