I noticed that when I use "lsusb -v" on a UAS-enabled drive enclosure, the bInterfaceProtocol line for #80/0x50 has a "protocol name" label but the one for #98/0x62 does not: ======== # lsusb -v -s2:15 | grep Interface bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level) bNumInterfaces 1 Interface Descriptor: bInterfaceNumber 0 bInterfaceClass 8 Mass Storage bInterfaceSubClass 6 SCSI bInterfaceProtocol 80 Bulk-Only iInterface 0 Interface Descriptor: bInterfaceNumber 0 bInterfaceClass 8 Mass Storage bInterfaceSubClass 6 SCSI bInterfaceProtocol 98 iInterface 0 ======== So...I was wondering if there was any particular reason that protocol 98 isn't included in the usb.ids file? As a proof of concept I added the SCSI-subclass version of the line to the usb.ids file (see attached patch) and lsusb successfully showed a description for the #98 line as well: ======== # lsusb -v -s2:15 | grep Interface bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level) bNumInterfaces 1 Interface Descriptor: bInterfaceNumber 0 bInterfaceClass 8 Mass Storage bInterfaceSubClass 6 SCSI bInterfaceProtocol 80 Bulk-Only iInterface 0 Interface Descriptor: bInterfaceNumber 0 bInterfaceClass 8 Mass Storage bInterfaceSubClass 6 SCSI bInterfaceProtocol 98 UAS iInterface 0 ======== (This experiment was on an Ubuntu Bionic system.) I searched the list archives (and web in general) for previous discussion on this topic, but didn't succeed in finding this specific issue. (I see that 62 is in fact included in the protocol list found on https://usb-ids.gowdy.us/read/UC/08/06 , but it has an empty "name" column in that table -- and it's missing completely from the current file at https://usb-ids.gowdy.us/usb.ids .) Thanks. Nathan p.s. If in fact it makes sense to add UAS to the file: I assume the UAS protocol doesn't apply to the UFI subclass, but I don't know off hand if it applies to the RBC subclass as well as SCSI...