and now 2.6.35 with this commit reverted (the above patch applied) connects to my access point. i am willing to test an official patch against 2.6.35 (i'm just about to leave for work so it might not happen until later today though). --alex-- -- | I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active | | advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with | | automatism and other passive states) to systematize confusion | | and thus to help to discredit completely the world of reality. |