On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 10:29, Linus Torvalds wrote: Hi Linus, I hope Im not being a nerd.. > The whole open source idea is that people do what they care > about and what they are good at, and exactly because they aren't forced to > deal with issues they don't have a heart for they take more pride and > interest in the stuff they _do_ do. I thought the whole open source idea was that people could share quality software that is free to view and modify. :) > Personally, I don't write documentation. I don't much even write > comments in my code. Maybe Im too naive but I really believe that good commenting style should be the default way for _all_ opensource developers to opperate simply because the practise of "being free to view and modify code" is helped by good comments. However I do understand that unpaid volunteers will tend to focus on the things they enjoy more so than things they do not, and I dont have any problems with that. The Learning curve with a project this big is hellishly steep though, so young ones such as myself can use all the code comments we can get. I know it seems rather obnoxious to be telling you this, sorry. Best Regards. -- Alex Combas This message is digitally signed. The public decryption key for my signature is available at pgp.mit.edu Secure email is preferred.