Hello there Riley, [snip: compile warnings compare signed to unsigned] > The obvious question is this: How many of those warnings also occur > with the pristine source - i.e., the -rc1 without the -ac4 source. It > would probably be best to wade through the -rc1 sources fixing those > first, then worry about the -ac* sources once those have been merged > in. If I make an estimate, I would say that a great majority of the warnings are present wether I compile 2.4.20-SuSE, 2.4.21-rc1 or 2.4.21-rc1-ac4. This seems to be a common (deliberate?) theme throughout parts of the kernel tree. I could quite well go through and start fixing things (despite me not knowing C particularly well) but I would, by someone who knows the kernel quite well, appreciate an estimate of how likely the result is to be horribly broken. As I see it, there might be instances where the comparision between a signed value and an unsigned value could produce a defect. If people think this is a good thing to fix and there are people that would accept patches in normal diff -u format, I could spend some time trying to fix part of this. Regards, /Anders