Am Son, 2003-07-27 um 15.28 schrieb Hans Reiser: > it is suitable for any flash device that has wear leveling built into > the hardware (e.g. all compact flash cards) Are you sure CF cards have wear leveling? I'm pretty confident that they have defect sector management but no wear leveling. There's a huge difference between those two. > or for which a wear leveling block device driver is used (I don't know > if one exists for Linux). This is normally done by the filesystem (e.g. JFFS2). -- Servus, Daniel