This is an update of AIO fallback patch and with the bio_count race fixed by changing bio_list_lock into bio_lock and using that for all the bio fields. I changed bio_count and bios_in_flight from atomics into int. They are now proctected by the bio_lock. I fixed the race, by in finished_one_bio() by leaving the bio_count at 1 until after the dio_complete() and then do the bio_count decrement and wakeup holding the bio_lock. I re-diffed to 2.6.1-rc1-mm1. I've been stressing this code for several weeks. Daniel