On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 13:38 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote: > I guess one could reimplemenet kmap_atomic_pfn() to call this. Sometime. The goal is to stop needing this function fairly soon and replace it with a 'real' io-mapping implementation for 32-bit processors. > Given that all highmem-implementing archtiectures must use the same > declaration here, we might as well put it into include/linux/highmem.h. > Although that goes against current mistakes^Wcode. I'd hate to break with a long tradition. > Does powerpc32 still implement highmem? It seems that way. You broke > it, no? Powerpc32 doesn't have kmap_atomic_pfn either. Seems like the set of HIGHMEM functions is not uniform across architectures. -- keith.packard@intel.com