On Wed, 2018-01-10 at 12:28 +0100, Borislav Petkov wrote: > From: Borislav Petkov > Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:14:07 +0100 > > We check only the first byte whether it is a NOP but if David Woodhouse > wants to do some crazy experiments with slapping NOPs in front of the > payload and having the actual instructions after it, this "optimized" > test breaks. :-) :) Thank you. Tested-by: David Woodhouse That fixed and understood, I shall remove the offending NOPs anyway, because aligning instructions in the *altinstr* section is entirely pointless as they might still not be aligned when they get copied into place anyway.