Hi all, I reply to myself, after having test this solution. > At this time, I have compiled and installed a 2.4.20-ac2 + some cobalt > patches. Is the bug also fixed in 2.4.20-ac2, or must I rebuild the > 2.4.20 with the check commented out ? The 2.4.20-ac2 patched kernel help a little : the system don't crash anymore. But the disk is marked as defective, and is removed from the raid1 metadevice. One other problem with the -ac2 is the speed for the rebuild : it seems to be 2 times slower than with the Ducan patch. (about 2 hours instead of 1 hour). So, my solution is to use the patch from Ducan. I hope it (or a derivative form of it) will be included in the next kernel releases. Good day, and thanks all for the help. Olivier -- Olivier Bornet | français : http://puck.ch/f Swiss Ice Hockey Results | english : http://puck.ch/e http://puck.ch/ | deutsch : http://puck.ch/g Olivier.Bornet@puck.ch | italiano : http://puck.ch/i Get my PGP-key at http://puck.ch/pgp or at http://wwwkeys.pgp.net