On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:17:43PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote: > On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Athanasius wrote: > > > Yup, that *seems* to have fixed it. Booted up, updatedb run, compile > > of a few things done, running X, even burned a CD, no sign of the > > reported problem. > > > > This could do with some easily accessible documentation someplace, but > > I'm not sure *where* such should go. > > I dont think this is a fix, it's a work-around. It shouldn't be > documnented, it should be made to work. That might mean having the kbuild > prevent inappropriate use, of course. Agreed, I more meant it needs documenting so that those people that hit it can apply the workaround and otherwise test the kernels. I guess for now those of us that know about it will just have to keep an eye out for others reporting the problem then clue them in. -Ath, now happily running 2.4.21-rc1, when he couldn't run anything past 2.4.21-pre4 before -- - Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/ Finger athan(at)fysh.org for PGP key "And it's me who is my enemy. Me who beats me up. Me who makes the monsters. Me who strips my confidence." Paula Cole - ME