Hello, I'm currently running at 2.6.0-test1-mm2-O8 and I wanted to give devfs a shot. I recompiled the kernel with the following settings: CONFIG_DEVFS_FS=y CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT=y # CONFIG_DEVFS_DEBUG is not set As I read through the documentation (btw, devfs=nomount is mentioned in configure help but not in Documentation/filesystems/devfs/boot-options) I got the understanding that this shouldn't make any difference to the system right? After booting with this kernel there were lots of proper devfs devices in my dmesg (host0/ide0... scsi0/...) however, the system didn't came up (couldn't mount rootfs). It didn't even work when I enabled CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT. I'm not sure whether this is a bug in mount/nomount of devfs or if it's somewhere my fault/setup (root on raid1, various lvm2 devices on raid1/0 devices) Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Regards, Wiktor Wodecki