On Saturday 26 July 2003 22:52, Mika Liljeberg wrote: > On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 16:12, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote: > > I'm having problems with an Intel D865PERL motherboard and Serial ATA > > support. Everytime I boot my RHL9 box using 2.6.0-test1, I get an > > "irq18 nobody cared!" error and then "Disabling IRQ #18". Any attempt > > to access any of the SATA controllers makes the system hang and > > spitting out problems with timings on the "hde" interface. > > I have the same problem with Abit IS7-E, which also has the i865PE > chipset. > > Add "noirqdebug" to the kernel command line and you should be able to > boot, although the irq will be firing continously until the device > driver gets initialized and catches it. Out of interest, do these boxes have an IO-APIC and are you using ACPI? If so, can you tell me if the attached patch helps? These are exactly the symptoms I got without the attached patch (it fixes an IO-APIC setup bug with ACPI).