Hi I was watching tv with tvtime and reading lkml on yahoo mail (with opera if matters). I decided to start xawtv instead of tvtime because tvtime looked like it was skiping frames. So i pressed the q key in tvtime and with the tvtime window dissapeared also the xterm window from which it was started. I tryed to start xterm but the xterm window mapped quickly and then dissapeared. I switched to my syslog VT and noticed an oops. I couldn't start a new shell nor from console nor from X (starting a new shell gave me a segfault or an oops) I couldn't shutdown cleanly (i had to use sysrq) Attached are the program versions, config, dmesg (from syslog) and oopses. Bye Calin ===== -- A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in. Kim Alm on a.s.r. ___________________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français ! Yahoo! Mail : http://fr.mail.yahoo.com