Hello. > Pavel Machek wrote: > > > hotunplug seems cool... How do you deal with kernel data structures in > > memory "to be removed"? Or you simply don't allow kmalloc() to > > allocate there? > > You guessed right. Hot removeable memory can only be allocated > for uses that we can easily re-allocate. So kmalloc() etc. have > to get memory from some area that we promise not to ever try to > remove. IMHO, To hot-remove memory, memory attribute should be divided into Hotpluggable and no-Hotpluggable, and each attribute memory should be allocated each unit(ex. node). (I posted the following mail 2 month ago.) http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=106506389406876&w=2 Now, I'm making a Memory hot-ADD trial patch, but it don't work yet. (Kernel panic when memory enable command is executed.) After this patch will work, I will post it again. Thanks. -- Yasunori Goto