On Monday 11 October 2004 3:12 pm, Stefan Seyfried wrote: > David Brownell wrote: > > > The machines I've tested with relatively generic 2.6.9-rc kernels > > don't use BIOS support for S4 when I call swsusp. > > first do either > echo platform > /sys/power/disk # for S4 > echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk # for poweroff > > then do > echo disk > /sys/power/state Oddly enough, neither of them work lately for me. They each resume immediately after writing the image to disk. - Dave p.s. I find the /sys/power/disk file mildly cryptic, maybe other folk will find the attached patch slightly more informative about what this interface can do.