On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 03:51:52PM -0500, Rob Herring wrote: > On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 10:21:35AM +0100, Lee Jones wrote: > > We're renaming the 'st,pwm-num-chan' binding to 'st,pwm-num-devs' to > > be more inline with the naming conventions of the subsystem. Where > > we used to treat each line as a channel, the PWM convention is to > > describe them as devices. > > That's all linux implementation details and you are breaking > compatibility. While it's true that the API calls channels struct pwm_device, that's primarily for historical reasons. It's completely fine, and in fact most drivers already do exactly that, to internally refer to channels as channels. Thierry