On Mon 2017-02-13 12:20:35, Sakari Ailus wrote: > Hi Pavel, > > On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:54:20AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote: > > Hi! > > > > > > Take a look at the wikipedia. If you do "one at a time" at 100Hz, you > > > > can claim it is time-domain multiplex. But we are plain switching the > > > > cameras. It takes second (or so) to setup the pipeline. > > > > > > > > This is not multiplex. > > > > > > The functionality is still the same, isn't it? Does it change what it is if > > > the frequency might be 100 Hz or 0,01 Hz? > > > > Well. In your living your you can have a switch, which is switch at > > much less than 0.01Hz. You can also have a dimmer, which is a PWM, > > which is switch at 100Hz or so. So yes, I'd say switch and mux are > > different things. > > Light switches are mostly on/off switches. It'd be interesting to have a > light switch that you could use to light either of the light bulbs in a room > but not to switch both of them on at the same time. Or off... :-) > > I wonder if everyone would be happy with a statement saying that it's a > on / on switch which is used to implement a multiplexer? I believe the difference is the timescale. If it switches "slow" it is a switch. If it switches fast, it is a dimmer, mux, or something.... Anyway, someone else was faster, so they get to name their creation... Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html