On Sun, Apr 09, 2017 at 05:58:54AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote: > On Sat, Apr 08, 2017 at 11:07:37PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote: > > Unbreaks ARM and possibly other 32-bit architectures. > > Turns out those "other 32-bit architectures" happen to include i386. > > A modular build: > ERROR: "__udivdi3" [fs/btrfs/btrfs.ko] undefined! > With the patch, i386 builds fine. > > > Tested on amd64 where all is fine, and on arm (Odroid-U2) where scrub > > sometimes works, but, like most operations, randomly dies with some badness > > that doesn't look related: io_schedule, kunmap_high. That badness wasn't > > there in 4.11-rc5, needs investigating, but since it's not connected to our > > issue at hand, I consider this patch sort-of tested. > > Looks like current -next is pretty broken: while amd64 is ok, on an i386 box > (non-NX Pentium 4) it hangs very early during boot, way before filesystem > modules would be loaded. Qemu boots but has random hangs. A non-modular i386_defconfig + btrfs of -next is ok; whatever the problem is, it's not relevant to our division build failure in scrub. But, it looks like parity scrub is ${EXPLETIVE}ed on 32-bit. Not just on -next, also on 4.11-rc5 and 4.9. Test script I used is attached, although it's enough to just scrub a kosher filesystem without even damaging it. On 64-bit it mostly works, but still warns about bogus unrecoverable errors when in fact it succeeded. Thus, I'd recommend: * applying this patch to at least make it compile * taking steps to warn outside people about RAID5/6 Let's discuss the rest in another thread, it's no longer interesting to ARM people, they just want no build failures. -- ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ Meow! ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ Collisions shmolisions, let's see them find a collision or second ⠈⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀ preimage for double rot13!