On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 03:39:34PM -0700, Palmer Dabbelt wrote: > Sorry, I'm not sure if this is the right patch -- someone suggested acking > this, but it's already Review-By me and if I understand correctly it's going > through your tree. I'm a bit new to this, but if it helps then here's a > > Acked-By: Palmer Dabbelt Thanks Palmer. No worries. FYI Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst appears to now contain lots of gory detail about what Acked-by and Reviewed-by are supposed to mean. In this case an acked-by is needed to show your approval of the parts of the patch which touch the subsystem you are responsible for (and/or code which you have authored) so that the patch can go via another tree. It usually indicates that you've reviewed those parts of the patch too, but not necessarily the whole thing. Cheers James