On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 10:26:04PM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote: > I had this idea for quite some time on my todo list but a soon to be > implemented refactoring in the i2c-rcar driver now finally made me do it. Add a > 'can't do 0 length messages' quirk to the quirk infrastructure for and remove > the manual handling from the drivers. This makes the quirk much more visible. > (Quite some prominent vendors in that list) We also have a centralized place to > handle updates to the quirk detection if that is ever needed. > > I have tested this with the i2c-rcar and i2c-sh_mobile driver on a Renesas > SalvatorXS board equipped with M3-N (r8a77965). > > A git branch can be found here: > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wsa/linux.git i2c/quirk-no-zero-len > > Looking forward to comments, reviews, tests... I applied all the patches which either got acks from the maintainers or have no maintainers. I'll reply individually to which I applied. I will wait some more for other acks before I'll resend next cycle.