On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 10:13:54AM +0200, Benjamin Tissoires wrote: > Hi Joey, > You can't really use plain values like that. There is a tiny chance > these values are valid on an other device. > IIRC, MS spec says that we should ignore out of band values if they > are tagged as such. Such input are tagged with NULL values > (http://www.usb.org/developers/hidpage/HID1_11.pdf page 31) and MS > spec mentioned this. > > All in all, if you have this bit set, you need to compare the value > with the logical_max/min for each field. > > I never encountered a device that required this, so you are probably > the lucky one :) Ah, you are completely right. After giving that pdf a read over I will definitely be dropping this patch from the v2. -- Cheers, Joey Pabalinas