On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 07:31:05PM -0400, jonsmirl@gmail.com wrote: > On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 7:17 PM Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote: > > > > People can decide who they want to respond to, but I'm going to gently > > suggest that before people think about responding to a particular > > e-mail, that they do a quick check using "git log --author=xyzzy@example.com" > > then decide how much someone appears to be a member of the community > > before deciding how and whether their thoughts are relevant. > > How does this part apply to email addresses used to commit code? > > * Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic > address, without explicit permission > > It appears to me that this would conflict with the GPL since the GPL > granted the right to distribute (or even print it in a book) Linux and > Linux contains email addresses. This also seems contradictory with > the Reply button I used to send this email. I don't really think email addresses used in patches which are sent, voluntarily, to a public mailing list are something you can sanely consider "private information". > How do you reconcile working on a public project while keeping email > address secret? This is a little more delicate, and I admit that I can't really think of any real solutions for this part... -- Cheers, Joey Pabalinas