On 2018-11-19, Christian Brauner wrote: > + if (info) { > + ret = __copy_siginfo_from_user(sig, &kinfo, info); > + if (unlikely(ret)) > + goto err; > + /* > + * Not even root can pretend to send signals from the kernel. > + * Nor can they impersonate a kill()/tgkill(), which adds > + * source info. > + */ > + ret = -EPERM; > + if ((kinfo.si_code >= 0 || kinfo.si_code == SI_TKILL) && > + (task_pid(current) != pid)) > + goto err; > + } else { > + prepare_kill_siginfo(sig, &kinfo); > + } I wonder whether we should also have a pidns restriction here, since currently it isn't possible for a container process using a pidns to signal processes outside its pidns. AFAICS, this isn't done through an explicit check -- it's a side-effect of processes in a pidns not being able to address non-descendant-pidns processes. But maybe it's reasonable to allow sending a procfd to a different pidns and the same operations working on it? If we extend the procfd API to allow process creation this would allow a container to create a process outside its pidns. -- Aleksa Sarai Senior Software Engineer (Containers) SUSE Linux GmbH