On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 01:00:01PM +0000, Charles Keepax wrote: > On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 01:25:22PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > help the multiple users find each other somehow. I think what we want > > to do here is either push the gpiod requests into the regulator core or > > change things so that once the regulator is registered with the > > regulator core the regulator core owns and is responsible for freeing > > the regulator. > On the co-ordinating do we expect that the behaviour will > be that the GPIO should in the "enabled" state whenever any > regulator is requesting it? IE. the GPIO state is an OR of > the regulator states. Or are we expecting to handle more > complex interaction? For the regulators that's what we do, yes - it's like they're all sharing a single regulator. That probably won't be true in general for all GPIO users.