Matteo, it's look like gcc is not in your normal PATH. Could you please locate that fellow and realign it ,where is suppose to be. Or if I understood right (I doubt that is why asking) that you might put explicitly the architecture to target build with make also, that might help. Please do let me know, if I derailed grossly ...am not sure.. :) Thanks, Bhaskar On 22:08 Sun 28 Jul 2019, Matteo Croce wrote: >Hi, > >I get this build error with 5.3-rc2" > ># make >arch/arm64/Makefile:58: gcc not found, check CROSS_COMPILE_COMPAT. Stop. > >I didn't bisect the tree, but I guess that this kconfig can be related > ># grep CROSS_COMPILE_COMPAT .config >CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE_COMPAT_VDSO="" > >Does someone have any idea? Am I missing something? > >Thanks, >-- >Matteo Croce >per aspera ad upstream