On Wednesday 28 August 2019 18:08:17 Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote: > From: Valdis Klētnieks > > The exfat code needs a lot of work to get it into "real" shape for > the fs/ part of the kernel, so put it into drivers/staging/ for now so > that it can be worked on by everyone in the community. > > The full specification of the filesystem can be found at: > https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/exfat-specification > > Signed-off-by: Valdis Kletnieks > Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin > Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman Hi Greg! I'm not really sure if this exfat implementation is fully suitable for mainline linux kernel. In my opinion, proper way should be to implement exFAT support into existing fs/fat/ code instead of replacing whole vfat/msdosfs by this new (now staging) fat implementation. In linux kernel we really do not need two different implementation of VFAT32. So I'm a bit sceptical about usefulness of this exfat code/driver, if it makes any sense to have it even in staging. -- Pali Rohár pali.rohar@gmail.com