On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 03:44:56PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote: > Hi all, > > Today's linux-next merge of the pwm tree got a conflict in: > > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/pwm-stm32.txt > > between commit: > > 56fb34d86e87 ("dt-bindings: mfd: Convert stm32 timers bindings to json-schema") > > from the devicetree tree and commit: > > 4205e356285e ("dt-bindings: pwm-stm32: Document pinctrl sleep state") > > from the pwm tree. > > I fixed it up (I just deleted the file - more fixup is probably required) > and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next > is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your > upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may > also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting > tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts. It should be trivial to rewrite the sleep state patch on top of the json-schema conversion and then take that version into the devicetree tree. Fabrice, can you resend that patch based on the devicetree tree? Thierry