On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 07:55:20AM -0800, Davidlohr Bueso wrote: > On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, Mark Brown wrote: > > As I said in reply to the regmap patch I'm really unconvinced that any > > benefit will outweigh the increased memory costs for that usage. > I'm not arguing the regmap case; if it's not worth it it's not worth it. > With that conversion I was merely hoping that sync was used enough for > it to be considered. Well, it's used a fair amount but like I say it's mainly used in the context of working out what I2C or SPI I/O to do so the amount of CPU time consumed is neither here nor there really, we'd have to be doing spectacularly badly for it to register.