On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 06:12:45PM +0100, Stephan Gerhold wrote: > This does the swapping you mentioned, so I guess rtd->dai_link->params > is only set for the codec2codec case? Yes, that's the idea. > From my limited understanding, I would say that a much simpler way to > implement this would be: > > But I'm really not familar with the codec2codec case and am unable to > test it :) What do you think? I think that looks reasonable from just looking at the e-mail without a context diff and you should submit a patch so others can test!