On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 05:31:03PM +0200, Jerome Brunet wrote: > I'm not sure what to do with this report. > I tried to reproduce has instructed, the log is full of warnings and the > compilation eventually fails to link. > It seems that most (if not all) drivers with a MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE() show > this warning with the provided .config (COMPILE_TEST). > When compiled with gcc, no such warning is shown. > I can remove COMPILE_TEST for this driver, it will make the warning go > away but I'm not sure it is appropriate. I'd just ignore it for now - it seems like there's lots of false positives from this warning which like you say are more global issues and only show up at W=1.