On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 11:30:56AM +0800, Gene Chen wrote: > Mark Brown 於 2020年8月6日 週四 上午12:10寫道: > > It's not clear why this isn't just done in the device regmap, there's > > exactly one user? > because I use one regmap to access 4 I2C devices, There appears to be only one device here? > I need change the regmap_bus struct to fit I2C read/write with CRC bit > Therefore, MFD reviewer suggests I can move the regmap api to regmap > folder such as regmap-ac97.c AC'97 is an industry standard bus used by a range of devices in different subsystems. You can already have custom operations for a device just in a regular regmap using the reg_read() and reg_write() operations which are there so devices that individual device support doesn't need to be added to the regmap core. You really also need to write a much clearer changelog, I would be hard pressed to tell from the changelog that this was moving things to the regmap core rather than shuffling regmaps within the device.