On 2020-08-26, Shaokun Zhang wrote: > 在 2020/8/22 0:02, Will Deacon 写道: > > - This thing is tagged with __randomize_layout, so it doesn't help anybody > > using that crazy plugin > > This patch isolated the @f_count with @f_mode absolutely and we don't care the > base address of the structure, or I may miss something what you said. __randomize_layout randomises the order of fields in a structure on each kernel rebuild (to make attacks against sensitive kernel structures theoretically harder because the offset of a field is per-build). It is separate to ASLR or other base-related randomisation. However it depends on having CONFIG_GCC_PLUGIN_RANDSTRUCT=y and I believe (at least for distribution kernels) this isn't a widely-used configuration. -- Aleksa Sarai Senior Software Engineer (Containers) SUSE Linux GmbH