Hi! > > > Aquaris X5 (Longcheer L8910) is a smartphone released by BQ in 2015. > > > > > > As part of msm8916-mainline project, this series aims to bring initial > > > mainline support for it. > > > > Good to see another phone being supported. Can I ask you to cc: > > phone-devel@vger.kernel.org with phone stuff? > > > > > Features added: > > > - SDHCI (internal and external storage) > > > - USB Device Mode > > > - UART > > > - Regulators > > > - WiFi/BT > > > - Volume buttons > > > - Vibrator > > > - Touchkeys backlight > > > - Accelerometer and gyroscope sensor > > > - Magnetometer sensor > > > > How close are you to having useful phone calls? > > You can do phone calls (with audio) and you can use mobile data, if you > have the patches for that. :) I'm trying to find time to finish up the > drivers needed for that, but I've been a bit short on time lately. :-). > Actually we have come pretty far with MSM8916-based smartphones. > Most functionality is (somewhat) working at this point, the primary > open task is optimizing suspend/power consumption. Battery/charging > and camera is also tricky but works somewhat on some of the devices. Yes, power consumption is a lot of fun :-(. > Most of the functionality is packaged in postmarketOS [1] and you can > find a list of the devices in the postmarketOS wiki [2]. Especially > the ones in the "community" category are quite similar in terms of > working functionality. I know about postmarketOS (I even contributed a bit some time ago), and watch it from time to time. Currently I'm using old Nokia 6151 for phone calls, but would not mind switching. Work is ongoing in Droid 4 land -- phone calls are also "almost there". But the almost seems to be a lot of work :-(. Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek