Hi! > > > > For me > > > > only way to get properly working WiFi on my laptop computer is to > > > > compile that Intel out-of-tree version. Sad, but true. > > > > > > Why use 4.19.y on a laptop in the firstplace? That feels very wrong and > > > is not the recommended thing to use the LTS kernels for. > > > > Well, that's actually what distributions are doing, for example Debian > > 10.8 is on 4.19... > > There's 5.10 in buster-backports. That's probably the easiest way to get support for new HW. > I can compile my own kernel, too. But if you go up the thread, it is about iwlwifi becoming broken in 4.19, and Greg saying it is wrong to put -stable on laptop. And -stable on laptop is norm, not the exception. Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek