On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 04:55:24PM +0200, Ulf Hansson wrote: > On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 at 13:10, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 12:17:20PM +0200, Ulf Hansson wrote: > > > Beyond this, perhaps we should consider removing the > > > "regulator-fixed-domain" DT property, as to avoid similar problems > > > from cropping up? > > > Mark, what do you think? > > We need to maintain compatibility for existing users... > Normally, yes, I would agree. > In this case, it looks like there is only one user, which is somewhat > broken in regards to this, so what's the point of keeping this around? Only one user in mainline and you were just suggesting removing the property (you mean binding I think?) - at the very least we'd need to transition that upstream user away to something else before doing anything.