From: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>
To: Daniel Latypov <dlatypov@google.com>
Cc: davem@davemloft.net, linux-crypto@vger.kernel.org,
	brendanhiggins@google.com, davidgow@google.com,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, kunit-dev@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RFC v1 1/2] crypto: tcrypt: minimal conversion to run under KUnit
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 14:43:28 +0800	[thread overview]

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 02:31:37PM -0700, Daniel Latypov wrote:
>> == Questions ==
> * does this seem like it would make running the test easier?

I don't mind.  tcrypt these days isn't used so much for correctness
testing.  It's mostly being used for speed testing.  A secondary
use is to instantiate templates.

> * does `tvmem` actually need page-aligned buffers?

I think it may be needed for those split-SG test cases where
we deliberately create a buffer that straddles a page boundary.

> * I have no clue how FIPS intersects with all of this.

It doesn't really matter because in FIPS mode when a correctness
test fails the kernel panics.

>   * would it be fine to leave the test code built-in for FIPS instead of
>   returning -EAGAIN?

The returning -EAGAIN is irrelevant in FIPS mode.  It's more of
an aid in normal mode when you use tcrypt for speed testing.

Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>