On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 04:17:26PM +0100, Richard Fitzgerald wrote: > On 22/07/2021 10:55, Richard Fitzgerald wrote: > > On 05/07/2021 17:50, Mark Brown wrote: > > I don't mind if someone wants to change the core dapm functions if that > > is generally useful, providing that it also updates all callers of those > > functions to still work. > > Changing the behaviour of core code to fix the Realtek driver without > > updating other callers of those functions is a problem. > Just to point out this is breaking stuff right now. It's not just > theoretical. You took several weeks to respond to my review comment, I'm sure you can cope with waiting a day or two for a response to your followup (which I'm having trouble understanding TBH). It would probably help if you could specifically identify the problem you are seeing and where you're seeing it - as I said in my review comment there appears to be a misconception about how the APIs are expected to work.