On Wed, 2021-07-21 at 22:36 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote: > Rik, > > On Mon, Jul 19 2021 at 15:00, Rik van Riel wrote: > > > > Adding a printk to show_signal_msg() achieves that purpose. It > > isn't > > perfect since the task might get rescheduled on another CPU between > > when the fault hit and when the message is printed, but it should > > be > > good enough to show correlation between userspace and kernel errors > > when dealing with a bad CPU. > > we could collect the cpu number in do_*_addr_fault() before > interrupts > are enabled and just hand it through. There are only a few callchains > which end up in __bad_area_nosemaphore(). We could, but do we really want to add that to the hot path for page faults, when segfaults are so rare? I suspect the simple patch I sent will be good enough to identify a bad CPU, even if only 3 out of 4 userspace crashes get attributed to the right CPU... I would be happy to write a patch that does what you want though, so you can compare them side by side :) -- All Rights Reversed.