Claus, Here's the output from mailq -v and ps -ax. As you can see, sendmail is seriously malfunctining. I have seen this same bug accross three platforms with a wide variety of linux kernels from 2.2.14 to 2.2.18 to 2.4.0-10. This is your bug, and noone else's. How do we get it fixed or is it possibly a configuration error. Jeff Claus Assmann wrote: > > On Fri, Nov 10, 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote: > > > > > > Claus Assmann wrote: > > > > > > On Fri, Nov 10, 2000, root wrote: > > > > > > > > I am seeimg sendmail 8.9.3 fail to deliver emails in /var/spool/mqueue > > > > with attachements for up to a week. Issuing the command "sendmail -v > > > > -q" does not flush the mail queue. > > > > > > Is the queue item locked? What happens when you try to run it? > > > > How do I tell if the queue item is locked. If you have a web browser, I > > mailq -v > look for a '*' next to the id. > > > am running > > webmin on the box and I have setup an account so you can come in and see > > the mail queue yourself. > > > > enter www.timpanogas.org:10000 as your URL, then login as > > username "sendmail" and password "sendmailbugs". I will disable this > > I don't know webmin, but most of the entries say "sending". So > check your sendmail processes to see what they are doing. There > might be some Linux TCP/IP stack bug that causes the problem (no > proper timeout). For that you need to use trace/truss to see where > the processes hang and how old they are. > > I couldn't see any local delivery or very old entries.