Hello Jörn, > 45 functions for 2.5.68, 44 for 2.5.67. The new one is this: > 0xc0881136 mxb_init_done: sub $0x51c,%esp > > Michael, are there any reasons not to make saa7740_init static, global > or both? The memory is gone forever either way. No, there are no reasons. Please apply my patch to drivers/media/video. It does the following: - make initialization data for helper chipsets (saa7111 and saa7740) static and global Additionally fixes: - don't use irq driven i2c transfer when saa7740 is present (this screws up the i2c bus and may hang the computer) - add MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE to allow /sbin/hotplug to handle the device > Moreover, wouldn't this be a candidate for __init and __initdata > respectively? Probably. I'll investigate this and include it in the next major update. > Jörn Please note that my name is Michael Hunold, *not* Martin Hunold. 8-) CU Michael.