Duncan Sands wrote: >>It's not at all clear how that could happen. Those pointers are located >>in static data in the HCD modules. It doesn't seem likely that the >>pointer was overwritten. The only other possibility I can think of is >>that the module was already unloaded. But that's not possible since you >>were holding a reference to a device on that bus. > > > It occurred on system shutdown - so I guess the module was unloaded. > Maybe the bus reference counting is borked. I've sent Vince a patch that > should produce some more info. Actually, no need to be at system shutdown: in my case a simple "/etc/init.d/hotplug stop" is enough to trigger the oops. However, it doesn't happen every time, I had to try some times before I got another oops again. I enclose the logs with the additional debugging information in attachment. Regards, Vincent