On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:44:29 +0100, Kay Sievers said: > > Anybody got any brilliant ideas? :) > > I guess it's nash again, which version is it? Confirmed - nash again. 6.0.9 does not work, upgrading to 6.0.19 works. init/Kconfig says this for SYSFS_DEPRECATED (which is where I got lead astray, as most of my laptop is Fedora Rawhide and therefor "released this week"): If you are using a distro that was released in 2006 or later, it should be safe to say N here. nash 6.0.9 came out in April 2007, and I suspect, but can't prove, that the relevant change was this one: * Mon Aug 27 2007 Peter Jones - 6.0.12-2 - Fix segfault in scsi vpd probe code - Fix block device creation That was just over 3 months ago. We probably need to fix that help text, but I admit not being sure what guidance we should give now....