Ingo Molnar wrote: > i have released the -V0.7.30-9 Real-Time Preemption patch, which can be > downloaded from the usual place: > A couple of observations that I would like to share: 1) With all of the tracing compiled in, there is a measurable amount of additional latency, even when the tracing is disabled via the proc interfaces. So if you want to measure best-case (or worst-case) latencies turn off the tracing facilities to do so. For example, using a blocking read, the worst case latency from interrupt to read: wo/tracing ~68 usec, w/tracing ~110 usec. I am attaching two histograms generated by the rtc histogram by running a slightly modified version of realfeel. 2) Also there is a big difference in latencies between blocking reads and using signals to notify the process that data is available. I am also attaching a histogram generated by the rtc histogram by running amlat. Part of the numbers in the > 10 msec bucket are into the hundreds of msecs. All of these numbers were generated using a comparable load from stress-kernel. kr