From: "Ing. Gianluca Alberici" <alberici@abinetworks.biz>
To: stamer@physnet.physik.uni-oldenburg.de, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Bad disks or bug ?
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:07:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Heinrich,

Your analysis shows you know well what we're talking about and i think
finally
you gave the optimal explanation...

I know very well the problems of the IBM DTLA series (i have a dozen of
zombies here...)
and was mainly concerned about Maxtor disks.

Finally i agree it must be something that has to do with the use of
hardware and/or firmware...

I will of course substitute my backup drive immediately !

Regards and thanks,

Gianluca