Paul Davis wrote: >>>Paul. Everyone agrees with you. I think. We just need to work out >>>the best way of doing it. >>> >>>Would I be right in suspecting that we know what to do, but nobody has >>>stepped up to write the code? It's kinda looking like that? >> >>I thought I made it clear i had already volunteered. I was after a >>response to my proposal for how to do it. > > > I think your proposal is a good (maybe even excellent) one, but it > somewhat sidesteps the issue (which may be the best thing to > do). Rather than answering the question "how best to allow regular > users access to SCHED_FIFO", it says "lets offer regular users > SCHED_ISO which is essentially identical to SCHED_FIFO unless tasks > running SCHED_ISO use too much cpu time". > > its a fine answer, but its the answer to a slightly different > question. if anyone (maybe us audio freaks, maybe someone else) comes > up with a reason to want "The Real SCHED_FIFO", the original question > will have gone unanswered. Ah then you missed something. You can set the max cpu of SCHED_ISO to 100% and then you have it. Cheers, Con